Well, what was it all about? Here's what KittyCat wrote in her blog,
For 2009, I would like to call on ALL readers (*especially Malaysian students, Mums and Dads!!!) to join me in this reading challenge.So my friends, what do you think? Would you be interested in joining this challenge? It's only one book a month and by the end of 2009, you'll be surprised that you can read 12 books!
HOW TO JOIN?
1. Just make a list of 12 books you will read with your child in 2009. Join in anytime and don’t worry if you haven’t got your list yet!
2. Start off with 1-2 books you have at home…(textbooks NOT allowed!)
3. If you have a blog, add a comment here with a link to your blog.
4. If you don’t have a blog, add a comment here with your list of books. You’re welcome to check in regularly to keep each other on track!
And she also encouarged us with these reasons.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN
For your child…
1. You’ll spend some quality time with your child. And your child will treasure the memory of having you ALL to himself/herself for that time.
2. Your child will have read at least ONE book in a month = 12 books in a year.
3. It’s a great way to drag your child away from the PSP, Gameboy, Wii, TV or Internet!
4. Open your child’s mind with a new experience and (hopefully) a new hobby and love for lifelong learning…
You will have the satisfaction of knowing that you actually READ 12 books in a year!
Let’s work together to encourage reading among our children, shall we? I hope you’ll join me in this challenge. Let’s change the statistics from TWO to TWELVE!!!
Click on the button below for more infos.
FYI I'm joining this challenge and going to write the list of 12 books that I'm going to read with Ikhwan, Iffah and Ameerah.
My book list:
- Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched The 9780446407410 by Vicki Myron
- Wild About Books by Judy Sierra
- Read Me A Story Please. 50 Readalouds Stories chosen by Wendy Cooling
- Abang, Adik & Kasut by Ezee Rahmani